Breakfast Bar Before & After...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is the Before obviously.  Pretty enough, but just bleh to me.  Needed some life!  Have I mentioned before that I am not a fan of LOTS of stained wood.  A little here n there is fine, but I need to PAINT!
Ah, here we go.  This is what this needed.  I used Behr paint & primer in one and the color was speckled pepper. 
After a couple of coats I took the hand sander and distressed it just a little around the edges.  I tried to get a few decent pictures for you but my camera stinks.
Yeah, I know I need to clean the floor.  Plus, now looking at these pictures I need some chair cushions.  Maybe I should try to make some myself...we'll see.

I didn't distress it too much but I like the way it turned out.  I think it looks good against the wood floor, a nice contrast.  Plus, the best benefit is that is doesn't show all the kids scuff marks and "toe" prints! Ha!  Okay, now I have to go clean the floor!  Ugh.  ~See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, they make my day and I read each one! So, thank you very much for taking the time to leave one!

 
site design by designer blogs